Thursday 2 February 2012

Comedy course, training and fartlek

I have been rather distracted by the stand up comedy course which I am doing. The need to be funny and the attraction of humour have always been strong for me and writing material that is funny for as many people as possible is very different from making art. The audience are often quiet an art performance, but in stand up, unless you are happy to die on stage, silence is not a great sound. This is interesting, approaching creativity from the base of audiences expectations, instead of ones own spontaneous process.
My training for the marathon goes well although I am having to do a lot of it on my own as it does not always fit with my club running nights on Tuesday and Thursday. The lack of intergration is resulting in less injury as I don't push myself so hard when I train alone.
One of my new routines is to do a fartlek session on the common. This is literally fast/play so you make it up as you go, sprinting between trees or for longer distances then jogging till you recover. Experimenting with an app called Imapmyrun to plot the routes I take, has shown that it will be useful for Jography. It will get the residue of the performance on to the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment